Tech startups looking to create the people operations function with their first HR leader hire. People love them or hate them. The opportunity to create from the ground up while simultaneously executing. The satisfaction of creating the infrastructure that enables and drives growth in the organization and the careers of the team. If you fall in the “love” category and have prior experience in a tech start up environment establishing and rolling out the HR function, our growing global cloud storage provider is seeking a solid and savvy People Operation Manager to develop, direct and deliver the functions of a new HR department.
This exciting role covers the full spectrum of HR in a global environment with an organization on target to double in size in the next twelve months. Talent acquisition, developing and implanting policy, managing payroll and benefits. All in a 100% remote environment in a role eligible for equity.
Operation Manager Job description:
- Partner with leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention
- Manage the talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants
- Collaborate with executive management team to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Develop strategies for employee engagement and retention
- Utilize knowledge of various payroll software applications, benefits enrollment, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems to develop foundation to scale the company
- Ensure legal and compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Administer payroll and benefits
What we are looking in Operation Manager Job:
- At least 5+ years of years of previous work in human resources
- Established knowledge of HR processes, terminology, and compliance, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules
- Professional payroll experience (Canada & US)
- Detailed knowledge and experience with PEO, EOR, & HRIS systems. Will have strong understanding of EOR services and experience managing international remote teams.
- Has knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Proficient with Google G-Suite
What you will get:
- Fully remote-first teams with occasional team retreats to foster team bonding
- A culture of honesty, professionalism and risk taking in a high-growth environment
- Work/Life Balance including 15 days PTO plus 5 flexible days
- Comprehensive compensation packages including competitive salary, bonus and equity