Are you an HR Manager who enjoys partnering with business operations managers to develop creative programs to attract and retain talented employees in warehouse and union settings? If so, your family-owned business is looking for an HR Manager to lead core HR operations with the emphasis on attracting and retaining the next generation of talented employees. Successful family-owned businesses with over 40 years of experience in their industry are currently seeking an HR Manager who is interested in helping them maintain their competitive edge by developing innovative talent recruitment strategies.
HR Manager responsibilities:
- Use your team player approach and interpersonal skills to assess business need, collaborate on strategies, and also execute to meet business goals.
- Another responsibility is to manage Employee Relations and Benefits Administration including overseeing the granting and administration of leaves of absence.
- Partner with business operations managers on safety, workers’ compensation claims and return to work plans
- Travel to Southern California two times quarterly working side by side with managers and employees in delivering HR services
- If you’re bilingual in Spanish, here’s your opportunity to use your Spanish speaking skills in communications with employees
What we’re looking for:
- Firstly, Solid hands-on HR Manager with years of experience in human resources management. Passionate about establishing strong business relationships with managers and employees that have direct impact on the business.
- Demonstrated success as an individual contributor in delivering value-added HR services, including creative recruitment strategies, proactive employee relations and benefits administration.
- Working knowledge in California employment law.
- Able to travel to Southern California for one week at a time twice quarterly.
- Experience working in a family-owned business.
- Experience in a union setting highly valued.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.