We are seeking an HR Generalist to work for one of the largest electrical contractors in the U.S., where the company has a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, value for clients, and building people within the company. This role will be responsible for providing HR administrative and people management support which includes coordination of benefits administration, leaves of absences, personnel records and files, database management, and other general human resources functions.
What you will do:
- Main point of contact for employee and HR information and assistance
- Handle confidential information in a professional manner, respecting employee privacy while maintaining company confidentiality. Interact with various levels of management, vendors, employees, and employee dependents.
- Maintain internal HRIS system and other E-service systems by entering employee change information (new hires, changes, terminations, promotions, transfers, etc.) and provide information for payroll, benefit carriers and other internal/external areas
- Responsible for processing employment and background checks and E-Verify
- Explain and answer inquiries on all employee benefit and company HR policy questions. Assist in solving HR related issues.
- Assist in the investigation of complaints brought forward by employees
- Perform new hire orientation and ensure new employee paperwork is complete and processed
- Assist in the local college recruitment program initiatives from coordinating events to attending events as a Company representative
- Assist with the coordination of special projects and events, including benefits open enrollment, recognition events, performance appraisals, training, company events, etc.
- Maintain and retain employee records in line with company policies and government regulations and company record retention requirements
What we seek:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of labor laws, employment equity regulations, and HR best practices
- Associate degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related discipline; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources and experience working with a large organization and client base
- HR certification a plus