We are looking for an HR Generalist to work collaboratively with Corporate Human Resources and management and also to provide a wide range of HR services and support for the organization. In this role you will be responsible for recruitment, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and all appropriate laws and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities of HR Generalist:
- Firstly, Support Employee Relations activities for the facility. Ensuring that all employees have a clear understanding of policies and procedures that are clearly understood by all employees and fair and consistent application and enforcement.
- Secondly, Assist management in resolving employee relations issues. Provide guidance and make recommendations to management to improve employee work relationships and morale while improving business results.
- Thirdly, Conduct disciplinary and other investigations in order to ensure the procedures. Coach management on corrective action and employee counseling to reach satisfactory outcomes
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, employment laws and regulations
- Manage the recruitment process for the facility, including job descriptions; effective recruiting sources; application and interview process; pre-employment checks and on-boarding programs.
- Facilitate payroll to ensure that timecards are correct and that overtime, holidays, sick and holidays are properly paid
- Administer all aspects of employee benefits, including open enrollment, changes, terminations
- Administer Worker’s Compensation
- Ensure compliance with EEO, FMLA, ADA, CFRA, PDL per applicable laws and company policies and practice and administer Leaves of Absence
- Assist management in the timely and effective development of goals and objectives for talent/performance management
- Partners with management and corporate HR to ensure wage structures and compensation philosophy are administered in a fair and consistent manner.
- Complete unemployment insurance, disability claims, employment verifications, government reporting requests
- Complete and maintain well-organized, compliant, accurate and confidential employee records
- Ensure that layoffs are conducted in accordance with company policy and applicable laws and conduct exit interviews, as appropriate.
What we are looking for:
- 2 years’ experience as Human Resources Generalist
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, with people at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to conduct effective meetings and presentations to large groups.
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and also ability to remain current on changing regulations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze information with attention to detail and accuracy and ability to summarize and interpret data
- Strong experience with payroll and also with HRIS systems, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and treat all employees with respect and dignity
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Human Resources Certificate from HRCI or SHRM and Bachelor’s degree highly desired